Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Can I Get my Neighbors Into Fly Fishing ?


Fraser chills out.  John tenses up.

Sunday will be another attempt to create fishing buddies,

 guide my neighbors into using less water on their inappropriate lawns,

 and shamelessly pump my book, "Get Into Fly Fishing for Less Than $100."


     I volunteered to put on a one hour workshop and book signing at my great local bookstore, called the BookBar, on Tennyson St, Denver. It's this Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 11:00AM.  I'm a little nervous about Fraser, the Greenback Cutthroat, who has been searching my neighborhood for his home water, pumped here under the Continental Divide, by Denver Water.
     Fraser is actually quite happy that the water company, a number of counties, and Trout Unlimited have come up with some plans to save his home waters so he can enjoy them in perpetuity. He's been resting in my tying room waiting for his big chance Sunday before the throngs at the free event at the BookBar. Every time I enter the room he just scares the crap out of me. I wish I knew what he was thinking.
    I'm thinking that one hour will be just the right amount of time to give Fraser a shot at getting people out on his water, go over the gear you can get for under a $100, tie a couple flies, try a flip, roll, and bow and arrow cast on the sidewalk, and practice some knots.  Ambitious? Of course.

   
 
      I'm going to send them out to Clear Creek to get started and have them look for water that satisfies a trouts needs according this ladder. Hopefully they'll find these spots and these fish.

I always share the stream and really appreciate the climbers staying out of the water above me.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Your comment will show up shortly.