Saturday, June 22, 2013

Spinners or Flies

 Carrie and Patrick both have hand fly rods I made them last year for Christmas. They both tied flies with me at least once. But getting the fly rods, the flies, me, and the grand kids all near the water at the same time is not all that easy. On June 22 the stars aligned on Lake Osawa at Tris and Garry's house. I was hoping at least one of them would get hooked on the tug.
Carrie was first with a monster sun fish on an Adams. Why the furrowed brow?
The classic, "I caught it myself" pose. So much better than "Grip and Grin."

Patrick will not be out done by his sister.

Yes, He's into one with Carrie on hand to help with the landing.
He's hooked! On his own he tried night fishing with a spinner from the dock.  He's into it now with the black bass.
While rigging him up, Patrick confessed, "Grand Peré? I'll probably only use this fly rod when I'm fishing with you."
"Patrick," I said. "That's OK with me. I hope you get to use it a lot."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Your comment will show up shortly.